Software Development Manager
Who We Are
ExchangeBase is located in Rocky River, Ohio. We are a technology-based trading firm that has created a platform to allow Energy companies to exchange ideas, assets, and services. We are focused on developing relationships and bringing the best value to our customers by utilizing our comprehensive understanding of assets globally to fulfill all of their sourcing requirements.
ExchangeBase’s goal is to provide value to our customers by utilizing three key strengths: Our technology, our process, and our people.
- Our proprietary technology is the foundation that ExchangeBase is built on. It is designed to give our traders and customers immediate access to projects, inventory and services at all times.
- Our process allows us to communicate directly with stakeholders at companies across the oil, gas, and power markets to identify their needs and provide data quickly to maximize the efficiency of each transaction.
- Our people are the most important part of everything we do. We believe that a service is only as good as the person delivering it which is why everyone at ExchangeBase, from our analysts to our traders to senior management, works together to ensure our customers are given the support they need to make their projects successful.
ExchangeBase is committed to knowing our users and building relationships that last. We believe that our customers deserve the utmost service and work diligently to ensure that all expectations are exceeded. We care about our customers coming back, and they know it.
What defines ExchangeBase is our people. Our success is predicated on amplifying the strengths and challenging the weaknesses of our people. We are currently searching for candidates for our Software Development Manager position. This position offers candidates the opportunity to apply their extensive knowledge and skills in an active, technology-based trading environment. Our continuous growth provides advancement opportunities for candidates with developed leadership traits.
Your skills will be constantly challenged in our high-growth and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus in customer service and the ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. This will include communicating and interacting with our international employees on all Technology projects.
- Participate in all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions
- Ensures the consistency and sustainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Produces detailed timeline for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and providing status reports to management
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of subordinate personnel
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Manage, delegate, and hold your team’s performance accountable through a comprehensive foundation of analytics such as KPIs and performance reports. Execute a corrective action plan as needed.
- Manage team with an operational and strategic focus
- Recommend policies and procedures to enhance operations
- Create a culture of proactive energy, driven success and goal achievement
- Work within broad objectives and ambiguity to achieve organizational growth objectives
- You will be held accountable for your KPIs as established
- Have a complete and thorough understanding of our business model, technology, process, and culture
- You are required to mentor and guide your peers and participate in other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience with software development with 5 years of management experience
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Must have a strong hands-on/technical knowledge of Microsoft, and open source technologies including:
- Microsoft Azure Development Tools and Project Management
- .NET (C#, ASP.NET, MVC)
- MS SQL Server
- SQL/Database Design
- Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins)
- Object Oriented Programming
- Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Architectural design for medium- to large-scale web-based applications (SaaS paradigms)
- Strong base salary
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401(k) profit sharing with company contribution)
- Paid Holiday and PTO Package
- Gym Membership
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Volunteer Program with PTO